We thought that these famous sayings could be applied to packaging. What do you think?
1. “Imagination is the beginning of creation.” George Bernard Shaw
Value the package design process. Not only can a well imagined design lead to a superior package, but may reduce overall costs.
2. “One size does not fit all.” Frank Zappa
When stock sizes won’t do, then packaging should be designed based on specific information about your product.
3. “Life is a journey, not a destination.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Play the entire shipment through from beginning to the end. How will the package be handled by your company, freight companies and end users?
4. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” Buddah
Determine the elapsed time your product will be en route, in storage and at your customers location.
5. “It’s what’s on the inside that matters.” Matthew 5:20-22
Consider internal technology variations to properly secure your product during shipping.
6. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” Lou Holtz
Reducing the weight of your package typically reduces the shipping costs.
7. “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.” George Elliot
Consider the benefits of optional external packaging material (wood, cardboard, plastic,steel).
8. “The grass is always greener.” Patrick Ewing
Familiarize yourself with upgrade options and benefits.
9. “Plans are nothing, planning is everything.” Eisenhower
Know your packaging providers lead time, and when you can expect delivery.
10. “Competition is the keen cutting edge of business, always shaving away at the costs.” Henry Ford
After you determine the needs of your product, bid out the packaging job to more than one vendor.