There are two areas that point to cost savings when it comes to reducing the bulky sized wooden containers.
First, freight is calculated by weight, dimensions and distance. By investing in a collapsible crate you can reduce the overall size of your shipment and save money on freight especially when shipping coast-to-coast.
Second, storage space in your warehouse used for wooden crates has a high value. If your wooden containers collapse they become smaller and stackable. This will allow your warehouse manager to store crates more efficiently within the same space he would use for an assembled wooden crate.
Ready to design your wooden containers?
Collapsible Box Instructions (Video)
You will require; an envelope, tape, steel strapping, edge protectors, tensioner, crimper tool and open metal seals.
Valley Box recommends wearing safety glasses, and gloves when needed.
- Start by placing all 12 spring clamps into an envelope.
- Next place the small end panels, painted side down, on the deck.
- Place the envelope of the spring clamps in the center of the deck and secure with tape.
- Next stack the long side panel painted side down. Adjust the end panels to allow steel mounting brackets to sit flush with the side panel.
- Then stack the other side panel painted side down.
- Then the lid, painted side down. Make sure that the stacked parts are flush on all sides.
- Begin strapping procedure by placing two straps evenly spaced on the stack.
- Place cardboard edge protector between the strapping and the lid. These will protect the plywood when tightening the steel bands.
- Line up steel strapping, and use the tensioner to tighten the straps.
- Affix metal seal, and crimp.
- Repeat this process with the final strap
- The Reusable Packaged Wood Container is now ready for transport in the collapsed position.