You’ve probably seen them when you received and Amazon delivery, but didn’t know the technical name for them. Just about every major distribution company uses them and they can be used in just about any industry from aerospace and automotive/transportation to toys and textiles. If you haven’t guessed yet, we’re talking about moisture barrier bags. You know—those soft packages that feel way too soft to be tough, but try ripping one open with your bare hands and you’ll quickly realize that this moisture barrier bags was made to take a beating.
In simple terms, moisture barrier bags refers to bags, envelopes, pouches, sachets, wraps, etc., made of easily yielding (but durable) materials such as Polyamide (PA), Ethylene Acrylic Acid (EAA), Polyvinylchloride (PVC), Cellulose Acetate (CA), Oriented polypropylene (OPP), and Ionomer (known commercially as Surlyn). When filled and sealed, the packaging retains its strength and flexibility.
Besides being flexible, other major benefits of moisture barrier bags include:
- It’s environmentally friendly because less material is used to make moisture barrier bags
- It’s lightweight
- It’s easy to carry
- Extends the shelf life of products
- Can be made with reusable features such as slide zippers and press and press-to-close-zip seals
- No size is too big or too small for moisture barrier bags
- Easy to store when empty (they can be stored flat)
- Gusseted bottom expands, while remaining durable
- Can be used alone or in conjunction with other packaging such as boxes, crates, and more.
While moisture barrier bags certainly has many benefits, custom moisture barrier bags offers even greater benefits. When packaging is tailored to the specific product/shipment, you can rest easy knowing that your products:
- Have an added layer of protection against damage—thanks to a perfect fit
- Will stand out from the rest—thanks to seasoned design teams that will do the creative work for you (vibrant colors and striking logos are just the beginning)
- Will be easier to identify—thanks to a look that’s specific to your product/shipment
- Custom moisture barrier bags can also help save precious time because it’s quicker and easier to identify than standard stock packaging.
Learn more about Valley Box’s moisture barrier bags solutions including:
- Custom Poly Bags
- Electro-Static discharge (ESD)
- Industrial Vinyl Covers
- Shrink Film
- Vapor & Moisture Barrier Bag