Material handling equipment is the mechanical equipment used to increase output, control costs, and maximize productivity.
Did you know that steel fixtures actually have a much longer life span than material handling fixtures constructed from wood? Here’s 15 reasons why!
- Steel is manufactured to strict standards of strength and consistency, so it’s strong and durable
- Steel is lightweight, making it easy to lift and maneuver
- Steel resists interior and exterior climate changes (mainly humidity which can cause other materials to expand or contract)
- Steel repels rot, splits, cracks, twists, buckles, and burns
- Steel does not age or deteriorate like wood
- Steel is highly recyclable too. In fact, steel is the most recycled material on earth, now with 100 billion pounds recycled annually.
- Connectors used in conjunction with steel designs are typically stronger and more secure (i.e. screws do not loosen over time vs. nails).
- Plant seeds and spores
Steel Helps Business Owners Save Money...
- A longer life span along with minimal upkeep and maintenance costs means greater long-term savings over material handling fixtures constructed from wood.
- Business owners should factor the depreciation value of long-term steel fixtures into their buying decision. Amortizing the price out over the course of 5 years will prove more cost effective than having to replace a wood fixture annually.
Steel Fixture Case Study
Steel fixtures were introduced to help streamline a hydraulic ram manufacturer’s production line. Before steel fixtures were introduced, the company stored unfinished parts on pallets spread across a large section of their production and warehouse floor. Hand trucks were required to move these pallets when traveling down the line. This method caused a log jam, which bogged down production.
Valley Box’s solution was to design and construct vertical multi-part fixtures with casters allowing for movement throughout the assembly, eliminating the need for pallets, and improving floor space and productivity.
These steel, multi-part fixtures led to a number of significant improvements in their production line and warehouse space. Specifically, the steel fixture solution:
Valley Box is a manufacturer of custom material handling equipment. We can evaluate your internal operating procedures to streamline a manufacturing process. Material handling equipment allows for a specific quantity of production parts. These fixtures can be used to make your factory floor operations more efficient and reduce raw materials storage requirements.
By removing particular activities from a customer's factory floor Valley Box helps to concentrate your effort to the highest-value production activities, optimizing return on factory-floor square footage. Added Value of streamlining your internal production:
- Improved work flow and shorter production times
- Parts collection downtime eliminated
- Freeing your skilled employees for higher-value activities
- Cleared factory floor space
- Freed up capital by closely matching packaging to the manufacturing process